Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Limited cookbooks






I currently have only two cookbooks here, one is Celebrated Chefs, a collection of the Seattle area’s restaurant's and chef’s signature dishes. Most of the ingredient lists require at least two specialty items, such as pancetta, chanterelles, duck confit, and sottocenere (this one is a bit more flexible “or any other truffled, semi-firm cheese”).  The other cookbook we have is Tasteful Treasures: A Collection of Recipes by SunCrest Home Health Employees of Eastern Tennessee, a Christmas gift to Kris from Terrie for his favorite sausage ball recipe (which I still promise to make).  Other recipes include Chicken/Ranch cheese ball, Crock Pot Lil’ Smokeys, and Coca Cola Chicken. I’m honestly not sure if ketchup, and soda pop will ever be staple ingredients in my cooking, but I’ll try anything once! Still, I can’t help feeling as though there is some sort of middle ground I am missing recipe wise, floating somewhere between Velveeta and ripened chèvre. All I can say is that I’m very excited for my things to arrive; I know that somewhere in those boxes there are cookbooks with pages flagged by Auntie Anne herself that won’t let me down!

1 comment:

  1. I will send recipes that look good until the cookbooks arrive. Love you!

    ReplyDelete